For a straightening treatment that is customized just for you and your smile, choose Invisalign® aligners. The aligners are worn over the teeth and gradually shift them into their proper places. A new set of aligners is given every two weeks to help the patient progress in their orthodontic treatment. If you have malocclusion issues, talk to Dr. Jeffrey Lash, DMD to see if Invisalign in Spring Hill, Florida, is right for you.
Invisalign can be used to correct several alignment and bite issues. The main issues that Invisalign can correct are as follows:
– Crowding: This happens when there is not enough room in your mouth for your teeth to fit properly. Crowded teeth can get worse over time if not treated.
– Gapped teeth: Gaps between the teeth may be caused by missing teeth or by a jawbone that is too large for your smile.
– Crossbite: The upper and lower jaws are both misaligned in a crossbite. One or more of the upper teeth will sit on the inside of the lower teeth. This can lead to tooth wear, gum disease, and bone loss.
– Overbite: The upper teeth bite over the lower teeth in an overbite. This can lead to gum problems, wear on the lower teeth, and joint problems.
– Open bite: Some teeth are not able to make contact with the opposing teeth. An open bite can cause improper chewing and speech impairment. This can also lead to TMJ disorders.
– Underbite: Underbite occurs when the lower teeth sit in front of the upper teeth. This can be caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jawbone, or both. An underbite can also be caused by missing upper teeth.
If you have an alignment issue that is not mentioned here, please contact The Gentle Dentist at 352-398-4064 for more information and to set up an appointment with our dentist.